The Oracle Database 12c R2: Administration Workshop Ed 3 course is designed to provide you with a firm foundation in administration of an Oracle Database. In this course you will gain a conceptual understanding of Oracle Database architecture and learn how to manage an Oracle Database in an effective and efficient manner.
- Manage an Oracle Database instance.
- Configure the Oracle Network environment.
- Create and manage storage structures.
- Manage and move data.
- Create and manage users.
- Monitor the database and manage performance.
- Create and manage Database as a Cloud Service database deployments.
Benefits To You
You will benefit from this course as you learn detailed information on the architecture of an Oracle Database instance and database, enabling you to effectively manage your database resources. You learn how to create database storage structures appropriate for the business applications supported by your database. In addition you learn how to create users and administer database security to meet your business requirements. Basic information on backup and recovery techniques is presented in this course.
To provide an acceptable response time to users and manage resources effectively, you learn how to monitor your database and manage performance.
- Back up, restore, and patch DBCS database deployments
- Describe the DBaaS and on-premises Oracle Database architectures
- Manage database instances
- Manage UNDO data
- Move data between databases
- Implement basic backup and recovery procedures
- Monitor and tune database performance
- Tune SQL to improve performance
- Manage resources with Oracle Database Resource Manager
- Create pluggable databases (PDBs)
- Configure the Oracle network environment
- Administer user security and implement auditing
- Create and manage tablespaces
- Manage storage space
- Create and manage Database as a Cloud Service (DBCS) database deployments
- Register databases and manage performance with Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
Who Can Benefit
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Database Administrators
- Database Designers
- Support Engineer
- Technical Administrator
- A working knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL packages is very helpful in the course.
- Basic knowledge of Linux operating system