This Oracle Database 11g: Develop PL/SQL Program Units course explores PL/SQL, the Procedural Language extension to SQL.
- Create modularized applications using PL/SQL.
- Develop, execute and manage PL/SQL stored program units, like procedures, functions, packages and database triggers.
- Use Oracle-supplied packages, Dynamic SQL and the PL/SQL compiler.
Explore Design Considerations
Enrolling in this course will also help you develop an understanding of design considerations when coding using PL/SQL. Managing dependencies is also covered.
- Identify the steps for designing, debugging, invoking, and bundling PL/SQL subprograms, procedures and functions, and also for handling their exceptions
- Recognize the steps for creating and using efficient PL/SQL packages, including Oracle-supplied packages, executing dynamic SQL, and improving the performance of code
- Identify the steps for creating, managing, and using database triggers, and for using the new PL/SQL compiler, its initialization parameters, and its compile time warnings
- Identify the steps for performing conditional compilation to selectively use PL/SQL code, wrapping code, and tracking dependencies
Who Can Benefit
- Application Developers
- Database Administrators
- Database Designers
- Forms Developer
- PL/SQL Developer
- Technical Consultant
- The learner should have experience and knowledge with SQL
- Specifically the Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I
- Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals II