This Oracle Database: Program with PL/SQL training starts with an introduction to PL/SQL and then explores the benefits of this powerful programming language. Through hands-on instruction from expert Oracle instructors, you'll learn to develop stored procedures, functions, packages and more.
- Conditionally control code flow (loops, control structures).
- Use PL/SQL packages to group and contain related constructs.
- Create triggers to solve business challenges.
- Use some of the Oracle supplied PL/SQL packages to generate screen output and file output.
- Create anonymous PL/SQL blocks, functions and procedures.
- Declare PL/SQL Variables.
Benefits to You
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds.
Use Oracle SQL Developer
You’ll use Oracle SQL Developer to develop these program units. SQL*Plus and JDeveloper are introduced in this course as optional tools.
Note: This course is a combination of Oracle Database: PL/SQL Fundamentals and Oracle Database: Develop PL/SQL Program Units courses.
- Use conditional compilation to customize the functionality in a PL/SQL application without removing any source code
- Design PL/SQL packages to group related constructs
- Create overloaded package subprograms for more flexibility
- Design PL/SQL anonymous blocks that execute efficiently
- Use the Oracle supplied PL/SQL packages to generate screen output
- file output and mail output
- Write dynamic SQL for more coding flexibility
- Describe the features and syntax of PL/SQL
- Create and debug stored procedures and functions
- Use PL/SQL programming constructs and conditionally control code flow (loops
- control structures
- and explicit cursors)
- Manage dependencies between PL/SQL subprograms
- Handle runtime errors
- Create triggers to solve business challenges
- or Oracle Database: Introduction to SQL
- Previous programming experience