This R12.2 Oracle Asset Management Fundamentals training is designed for customers who have implemented Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 or Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1. Expert Oracle University instructors will help you explore fundamental concepts and implementation considerations of Oracle Asset Management.
- Implement Oracle Assets.
- Set up asset books.
- Explain the asset management process.
- Plan an asset management implementation.
- Set up mass asset additions.
- Set up depreciation and tax accounting.
Benefits to You
By taking this course, you'll walk away with the ability to leverage Oracle Assets to help your enterprise lower administrative costs by streamlining data management. You'll be able to explain the asset management process from Asset Data Flow to the General Ledger, plan an asset management implementation and implement Oracle Assets, as described above.
Learn Through Hands-On Exercises
You'll develop deeper expertise through a series of hands-on tutorials, demonstrations and practices. Interactive, guided demonstrations will supplement your learning.
- Describe adjustment transactions and how to use the physical inventory feature
- Describe the Oracle Assets depreciation process
- Explain asset retirements and the proper recording of accounting transactions
- including running the Calculate Gains and Losses program and reinstatements of retired assets
- Describe the asset financial information and transaction history inquiry process
- Describe the key asset management reports and explain the use of the different reporting tools
- including Web ADI and XML Publisher
- Describe the tax accounting process
- including creating a tax book
- adding assets to the tax book using Initial Mass Copy and Periodic Mass Copy
- and adding assets manually
- Identify the key implementation issues regarding Oracle Asset Management fundamental topics
- Describe the overall Asset Management process from setup through asset data flow to the General Ledger
- Describe the Oracle Assets setup steps
- Describe the three types of asset books - corporate
- tax and budget; the setup options; and the use and process flow of the Security by Book feature
- Explain the Oracle Assets accounting process
- Identify the key functional areas that are part of Oracle Asset Management
- Explain how to define asset categories
- Discuss the requirements for adding assets manually