In this seminar course, you'll learn about the Oracle Applications Cloud security components providing security to the Oracle Cloud Applications. The discussion includes common security components, components unique to three of the offerings (Human Capital Management, Enterprise Resource Planning, and Sales Cloud). Other content introduces the Security Console, discusses enterprise setup and the role of Functional Setup Manager, and the identity and uses of bulk data loading tools for different offerings.
- Describe RBAC and how it is used to provide users access to applications and data.
- Identify Security Console uses for role research and customization, user management, and security setup.
- Identify the different types of roles and explain how they are used to create a role hierarchy.
- Identify bulk data load capabilities for separate Oracle Cloud Application offerings and their uses.
- Provide detail on the security implementation in Human Capital Management, Enterprise Resource Planning, and Sales Cloud.
- Identify how role customization and user management is done in the Security Console.
Benefits to You
Taking this course will help you understand the security requirements and implementation needs for the Oracle Cloud Applications. Experienced instructors will explain how security needs are met through the Enterprise Setup, Oracle provided Security Reference Model, and customized roles created by the cloud customer as needed.
You'll be introduced to the different types of roles Oracle uses to create the RBAC security for Oracle Cloud Applications. Included in this overview is the introduction of the Functional Setup Manager and the Security Console.
Instructors will explain that, in addition to the licensed offering on the cloud, there will be four other application components installed for enterprise and security implementation. These components include the Functional Setup Manager and the Security Console.
Role Provisioning to users
You'll learn that there are multiple parts to role provisioning. Some of these components are common and stretch across offering boundaries while each offering also has security components that are unique to that offering. These components cover both custom role creation and role provisioning to users.
This is seminar course, covering 2 days worth of content. A seminar course does not provide for user participation in lab exercises. Rather, the instructor will augment the course presentation with real world demonstrations on an Oracle Cloud environment. These scripted demonstrations are provided to the attendees in the class in the form on an activity guide. The attendees will not perform the demonstrations as labs.
- Identify security components in Oracle Cloud Applications
- Identify required security components used in Oracle Cloud Applications
- Introduce the Functional Setup Manager
- Introduce and provide useage details of the Security Console
- Describe Enterprise setup and its importance to Cloud Applications security
- Introduce Oracle bulk data loaders
- Demonstrate using the Security Console for role research and customization
- Provide details of the Security Console for user management
- Describe the role hierarchy and how it provides application and data access
- Describes the types of users supported by Oracle Cloud Applications
Who Can Benefit
- Cloud Administrator
- Configuration Consultant
- Configuration Implementer
- Project Manager
- Security Administrators