This course will teach you create forms, manage task lists, enter and adjust data and execute calculations in Planning. You'll also learn how to manage the approval process, which includes moving a plan through the budget review-and-approval process.
- Discuss Planning capabilities, Planning’s relationship with Essbase and dimension requirements.
- Navigate Workspace to access Planning and Financial Reporting.
- Create and test forms and ad hoc grids.
- Enter, adjust and analyze data in Planning and Smart View.
- Set up and test business rules.
- Set up and implement task lists.
- Create reports to analyze planning results.
- Enter and adjust plan and forecast data.
- Create forms and ad hoc grids.
- Analyze data in Smart View.
- Create production quality reports.
Pre-Class Recommended Tutorial
For students new to Oracle Hyperion Planning, we recommend that you view the Planning Overview Tutorial before attending class.
- Navigate Workspace to access Planning and Financial Reporting
- Create and test forms and ad hoc grids
- and analyze data in Planning and Smart View
- Test business rules
- Manage the approval process
- Manage task lists
- Create reports to analyze planning results
- Discuss Planning capabilities
- Planning’s relationship with Essbase
- and dimension requirements
- Planning and budgeting concept
- MS Windows knowledge
- MS Excel knowledge
- Client-server concept