This Oracle Identity Manager 11g R2: System Administration Workshop Ed 2 training is an intensive course that teaches complex OIM System Administration topics. You'll learn about OIM System Administration by setting up a production-like (highly-available) OIM environment and performing configuration, troubleshooting, diagnostics and performance tuning for OIM.
- Install OIM 11g R2 PS3 in a production-like (high-available) environment.
- Back up and restore OIM 11g R2 PS3 environments.
- Scale up OIM 11g R2 PS3.
- Encrypt the OIM server communication through Front-end SSL and End-to-End SSL.
- Create administrative accounts in OIM and change the administrative accounts passwords used by OIM (weblogic, xelsysadm, and database accounts).
- Install an OIM connector.
- Configure OIM notifications and active notifications (mail approval).
- Purge the OIM audit data to control the database growth.
- Monitor the OIM environment and manage logs.
- Identify, isolate, and troubleshoot the most common OIM issues.
- Verify the environment performance.
- Identify and apply tuning guidelines in OIM, WebLogic Server, JVM, and the underlying components.
Benefits to You
By taking this course, you'll become familiar with OIM system administration best-practices and guidelines based on real-life scenarios. You'll develop knowledge about diagnosing and troubleshooting issues, while getting the most out of your environment through optimization and performance tuning tips.
Engage in Hands-On Exercises
This is a hands-on course, with approximately 80% of your time dedicated to engaging in practices. It's in workshop format, so most of the content is taught via lab scenarios.
- Install and Configure OIM 11g R2 PS3
- Perform backup and recovery operations for OIM 11g R2 PS3
- Perform the most common OIM system administration tasks
- Diagnose and Troubleshoot issues in the OIM 11gR2 PS3 infra-structure
- Recognize tuning strategies and tips to optimize the OIM 11gR2 PS3 performance
- Identify OIM System administration information resources from documentation
- and a-team
- Identify general OIM System administration best practices
- Understanding of Linux Administrations commands
- Basic knowledge about shared storage and network
- Understanding of WebLogic server concepts such as domain, managed servers, machines, nodes, security realms, services, clusters
- Understanding of J2EE application server concepts such as JMS, RMI, Data Sources
- Understanding of security concepts such as HTTPS, Certificates, Cryptography