This Java Performance Tuning training teaches performance tuning concepts applicable to the Java programming language. Expert Oracle University instructors will teach you how it applies to Java garbage collectors on the Hotspot JVM, including the G1 garbage collector.
- Monitor, profile and tune your Java applications.
- Use command line and visual tools to perform these tasks.
- Get hands on practice with Visual VM, Java Mission Control, Flight Recorder and the NetBeans IDE.
- Use these tools and techniques to analyze Java 7 and earlier JVMs.
- Effectively apply tools like Java Mission Control and Flight Recorder to your daily work.
Learn how Java garbage collection works and how it affects your applications. Learn how to select the appropriate garbage collector and performance goal for your applications. Finally, use the Mission Control and Java Flight Recorder tools to monitor and analyze your applications.
- Monitor operating system performance on Solaris
- and Windows
- Describe basic principles of performance
- Describe the operation of generational garbage collection
- List the garbage collectors available in Java including the G1 collector
- Monitor performance at the JVM and application level
- Monitor and analyze Java application performance using Java Mission Control and Flight Recorder
- Profile the performance of a Java application
- Tune garbage collection in a Java application
- Apply basic performance tuning principles to a Java application
- Java SE 7 Fundamentals
- Java SE 7 Programming
- Java SE 7 Develop Rich Client Applications
- Developing Applications for the Java EE 7 Platform