The Java Complete Learning CD Library is a comprehensive package of all Sun Java language training, comprised of 10 self-paced CD-ROM courses. This ultimate reference set covers all of the top technical training required to be able to implement most types of Java applications: standalone Java Standard Edition programs using GUI or browser-based technologies; or client-server Java Enterprise Edition programs.
The Fundamentals of the Java Programming Language SSCD course is intended for students with little or no programming experience and provides an excellent introduction to programming with the Java programming language. The Fundamentals course teaches the significance of object-oriented programming, the keywords and constructs of the Java programming language, and the steps required to create simple Java technology programs.
The Java Programming Language SSCD course provides students with information about the language syntax; implementing the object-oriented programming constructs of the Java programming language; creating graphical user interfaces (GUIs), handling exceptions, file input/output (I/O), and threads; and networking.
The Developing Applications for the Java SE Platform SSCD course provides students with practical experience in designing a vertical solution for a distributed, multi-tier application. Students use graphical user interface (GUI) design principles and network communications capabilities to code a functional Java application that interacts with a networked database server.
The J2EE Platform Overview for Managers SSCD course provides students with the key concepts and technical insights necessary to manage or proscribe distributed application development with the Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition.
The Developing Applications for the Java EE Platform SSCD course provides students with the knowledge to build and deploy enterprise applications that comply with Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 5 technology standards.
The Web Component Development with Servlet and JSP Technologies SSCD course course provides experienced developers of Java technology applications with the knowledge and skills to quickly build web applications from JSP page and servlet technologies using the Sun Java System Application Server, and the Struts framework.
The Business Component Development with Enterprise JavaBeans Technology SSCD course provides students with the knowledge of how to develop robust back-end functionality using Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) version 3.0 technology.
The Getting Started with Java Persistence API SSCD course provides students new to Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) 3.0 and the Java Persistence API (JPA) with a step-by-step guide for creating an application with these technologies.
The Creating Web Services Using Java Technology SSCD course provides business component and client developers with the information they need to create, implement, and deploy web services and web service clients using Java technology components and the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 5 SDK (Java EE 5 SDK).
The Designing Java Web Services SSCD course provides business component designers with the information they need to understand web services as a realization of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).
Students who can benefit from this course:
- Students interested in learning to develop Java desktop applications with the Java Standard Edition (SE) platform
- Students preparing for the Sun Certified Java Associate (SCJA), Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP) and Sun Certified Java Developer (SCJD) exams
- Students interested in learning to develop Java enterprise applications with the Java Enterprise Edition (EE) platform
- Students preparing for the Sun Certified Web Component Developer (SCWCD), Sun Certified Business Component Developer (SCBCD) and Sun Certified Developer For Java Web Services (SCDJWS) exams
- Apply SOAP With Attachments API for Java (SAAJ) in web services
- Implement an Enterprise JavaBeans endpoint as a web service using JAX-WS
- Implement input/output (I/O) functionality
- Create a simple networked client and multi-threaded programs
- Apply Model View Controller (MVC) design pattern
- Implement unit testing using JUnit and message logging
- Use JDBC to connect to SQL databases
- Implement monitoring functionalities using JMX
- Create remote objects using Java Remote Method Invocation (Java RMI)
- Write servlets and JSP pages
- Implement business-tier functionality using EJB technology
- Use Java programming language constructs to create simple and complex applications
- Integrate an EJB application using JMS
- Create a persistence unit for an application using JPA
- Retrieve data using Java Persistence Query Language (JPQL)
- Create entity relationships using the JPA
Who Can Benefit
- Application Developers
- Java Developers
- Java EE Developers
- Create programs using a procedural language, such as C, or a scripting language, such as Perl
- Familiarity with relational database and SQL
- Create and edit text files using a text editor
- Familiarity with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Use a World Wide Web (WWW) browser
- Familiarity with component technology
- Solve logic problems