This Oracle Solaris 11 Dynamic Tracing training is designed for advanced system administrators, application or kernel developers, and software support personal that can use DTrace to diagnose applications and system problems. The course introduces students to the DTrace technology along with the various system observability tools, such as sar, vmstat, mpstat, iostat, netstat, prstat, kstat, and procfs to identify issues. In addition, the course also covers creating custom D scripts, best practices of using DTrace, and a few case studies around using DTrace to solve issues.
- Describe Dynamic Tracing.
- Create DTrace Scripts to Collect System Information.
- Trace User Applications with DTrace.
- Perform Anonymous and Speculative Tracing in DTrace.
- Apply Best Practices for Using DTrace.
Benefits To You
The Oracle Solaris 11 Dynamic Tracing course provides you with the ability to use DTrace to diagnose application and system problems. You first learn about the basic topics, such as DTrace features and architecture, and then move to advanced topics, such as creating DTrace scripts to collect system information, tracing user applications, performing anonymous and speculative tracing, and applying best practices for using DTrace scripts.
- Describe Dynamic Tracing
- Create DTrace Scripts to Collect System Information
- Trace User Applications With DTrace
- Apply Anonymous and Speculative Tracing in DTrace
- Apply Best Practices for Using DTrace
- Describe general concepts of operating systems
- Administer the Oracle Solaris 11 Operating System
- Read and write scripts
- Manage system processes