The Oracle Solaris 11 Security Administration course provides students with the knowledge and skills to customize security on the Oracle Solaris 11 operating system. Students will learn about new security features included in Oracle Solaris 11.3, and how to use these features to reduce the risk of intrusion, and secure both applications and data. This course will help students to effectively create a security plan as well as implement and monitor security on a Solaris 11 system.
Note: Students without Oracle Solaris 11 system administration experience should take the Oracle Solaris 11 System Administration and Oracle Solaris 11 Advanced System Administration course first to ensure an effective knowledge of Oracle Solaris 11 system administration before attempting to take this specialty course. Those with Oracle Solaris 10 experience should take the Transition to Oracle Solaris 11 course as it builds on your Oracle Solaris 10 knowledge and provides training more tailored to your background.
- Describe important security principles and technologies.
- Secure user rights, process rights, files and file system.
- Implement cryptographic services, network security, zones security and labeled security.
- Administer system security and services.
- Monitor file integrity and security related system events.
Benefits To You
Better understanding over the Oracle Solaris 11.3 security administration and new enhancements done to the OS, which allow you to run your most demanding enterprise applications in private, hybrid, or public clouds.
Develop Oracle Solaris 11.3 OS Expertise
This course builds on the system administration skills taught in the Oracle Solaris 11.3 System Administration courses. You'll work with expert Oracle University instructors to develop a deep understanding of Oracle Solaris 11.3 security features that you can leverage in your day-to-day job.
- Secure users and processes
- Manage SMF security behavior
- Manage encryption and certificates
- Manage auditing
- Secure files and file system
- Secure systems and attached devices
- Manage authentication services
- Secure the network
- Secure Oracle Solaris Zones
- Implement labeled security using Trusted Extensions
- Plan for basic security
- Identify Oracle Solaris 11 security technologies
Who Can Benefit
- Network Administrator
- Security Administrators
- System Administrator
- For beginners, please take all required prerequisite courses.
- Shell Programming
- For experienced system administrators take Transition to Oracle Solaris.