The Transition to Oracle Solaris 11 training builds on your system administration experience with Oracle Solaris 10 and teaches you the skills and knowledge to transition from Oracle Solaris 10 to Oracle Solaris 11. It's ideal for system administrators who have experience with Oracle Solaris 10 and IT architects responsible for planning and performing transitioning tasks.
- Examine various aspects of planning for the transition from Oracle Solaris 10 to Oracle Solaris 11.
- Understand the new features delivered with Oracle Solaris 11 including Automated Installer (AI), Image Packaging System (IPS), and network virtualization.
- Describe and use new features introduced in Oracle Solaris 11.3.
- Practice transitioning to the Oracle Solaris 11 operating environment by performing a series of guided hands-on labs.
Benefits to You
The System Administrator will benefit from this course because they will be exposed to the new features delivered with Oracle Solaris 11.3 including verified boot for Kernel Zones, Kernel Zones live migration for SPARC, virtualized clocks for zones, first boot service creation tool, secure live migration, and non-root live migration.
Operating System Migration Activities
You'll engage in lab exercises that will walk you through critical tasks associated with operating system migration activities. These labs include case studies that showcase best practices when transitioning from Oracle Solaris 10 to Oracle Solaris 11. Throughout the course, you'll transition to the Oracle Solaris 11 operating environment by performing a series of guided hands-on labs that walk you through critical tasks associated with operating system activities.
Don't Have Oracle Solaris 10 System Administration Experience?
You should consider taking the Oracle Solaris 11 System Administration course followed by the Oracle Solaris 11 Advanced System Administration course. There are a number of new technologies that were introduced in Oracle Solaris 10 which teach you expected prerequisite knowledge you should have before taking this course. Without skills in those areas, you may not be able to keep pace with the course; this course takes you through rapid, in-depth coverage of Oracle Solaris 11 technologies and builds on your Oracle Solaris 10 knowledge.
- Describe Oracle Solaris 11 Features and Enhancements
- Manage Software Packages by Using IPS
- Install the Oracle Solaris 11 Operating System
- Configure the Network
- Configure Oracle Solaris Zones
- Manage ZFS File System
- Secure the Oracle Solaris 11 OS
Who Can Benefit
- Data Center Manager
- Network Administrator
- Support Engineer
- System Administrator
- System Integrator
- System Administration for the Oracle Solaris 10 OS, Part 2
- System Administration for the Oracle Solaris 10 OS, Part 1