This Oracle Solaris 10 Operating System Essentials course explores the key features and capabilities of the Solaris 10 OS. Interact with expert Oracle University instructors through formalized instruction, discussions, question and answers sessions and hands-on exercises.
- Understand fundamental command-line features of the Solaris OS.
- Explore file system navigation, the vi text editor and file permissions.
- Work with access control lists (ACLs), command shells and file compression.
- Understand basic network use.
- Read shell scripts.
Benefits to You
Investing in this course will enable your organization's platforms to work with greater efficiency with the Oracle Solaris 10 Operating System. You'll benefit from instruction on key features and capabilities, enabling you to perform file and directory management, control the user work environment, archive files and use remote commands.
Sun Certified Solaris Associate Exam
This course will also prepare you to take the Sun Certified Solaris Associate (SCSAS) Exam. It's also available as part of an all-inclusive Certification Value Page. Packages include training, an ePractice exam, the actual exam and an extra retake exam, just in case you need it.
- Manage and view files and directories and change the directory contents
- Create and modify files and use basic file permissions
- Create ACLs and control the user work environment
- Use commands within the shell
- Perform basic process and job control
- Archive files and create archives
- Compress, view, and uncompress files
- Perform remote file transfers
- Use components of the desktop system
- Use command-line features and help resources
Who Can Benefit
- End Users
- System Administrator
- Use basic computer hardware (monitor, keyboard, and mouse)
- Input commands and control characters from a keyboard