This PeopleSoft CRM Fundamentals training deep dives into the concepts and tasks you need to be familiar with to work with PeopleSoft CRM applications. Much of the information you'll learn will carry over into multiple applications; for example, you'll learn how to navigate and customize your interface, the basics on integration and configuration and how to use 360-Degree Views, a powerful tool that helps you to manage and update information about the people (customers, workers, and students) in your system.
- Manage customers, contacts and workers.
- Create, define and track products.
- Manage worklists and send notifications.
- Work with the 360-degree view.
- Evaluate integration, configuration and automation options.
- View, modify and describe tables.
Benefits to You
Enrolling in this course will help you get to know all of the common concepts and technologies that are used amongst PeopleSoft CRM applications. Gain knowledge of the CRM’s building blocks, such as the customer data model, workers and provider groups, product data model, 360-Degree View, worklists and notifications. Learn about PeopleSoft-wide concepts, including tableset controls, supported table types and how to use PeopleSoft applications. This is the “PeopleSoft CRM 101” class for you.
Products and Installed Products Tracking
When you complete this course, you will walk away with a solid understanding of the important concepts in PeopleSoft CRM. In addition to customers, contacts and workers, you'll also learn about products and installed products tracking. Get to know CRM worklists and manual notifications so you and your team can keep up-to-date on completed tasks and those still waiting to be done.
- View and modify data, and describe data in tables
- Describe the fundamental business processes that PeopleSoft CRM supports
- Describe the features of PeopleSoft CRM, and describe various navigational aids to use the system effectively
- Describe business units, setIDs, and tableset controls
- Manage customer information and worker data
- Describe 360-Degree Views and the Relationship Viewer
- Work with CRM worklists and outbound notifications
- Define and track products
- Evaluate automation, configuration, and integration
Who Can Benefit
- End Users
- Functional Implementer