This intensive, 5-day PeopleSoft General Ledger Foundation Accelerated Rel 9.2 training teaches you how to implement, use and maintain the fundamentals of PeopleSoft General Ledger 9.2. Expert Oracle University instructors will teach you how to structure your organization for optimal performance for business units, ledgers, trees and ChartField management, allocations and consolidations from the ground up.
- Implement General Ledger and set up core data.
- Create, maintain, and utilize PeopleSoft Trees.
- Define journal processing options.
- Enter online journal entries and import spreadsheet journals.
- Create InterUnit and IntraUnit journals.
- Use the General Ledger WorkCenter and Dashboard.
- Perform interim and year end close.
- Create reports using PS/nvision.
- Set up and perform allocations.
- Set up and perform consolidations.
Benefits to You
Investing in this course will introduce you to the latest features in PeopleSoft General Ledger through hands-on exercises. You'll learn valuable information from the implementer's perspective, as well as for end-users. You'll be presented with best practices for achieving maximum efficiency. Hands-on activities include early decision-making regarding structure based on business needs, troubleshooting and error resolution. These activities follow the process flow of an implementation, journal and closing cycles.
Use the General Ledger WorkCenter
This course will also teach you how to use the General Ledger WorkCenter to better organize your workload and save valuable time and energy. You'll create a new business unit and follow it through setup, processing data, closing and reporting results using delivered reports, PS Query and PS/nVision. Discussions include PeopleSoft methods for securing sensitive data.
Live Virtual Class Format
A Live Virtual Class (LVC) is exclusively for registered students; unregistered individuals may not view an LVC at any time. Registered students must view the class from the country listed in the registration form. Unauthorized recording, copying, or transmission of LVC content may not be made.
- Implement PeopleSoft General Ledger
- Structure PeopleSoft General Ledger to meet business requirements
- Create and Process PeopleSoft General Ledger data
- Learn to use the tools for troubleshooting errors and resolving issues
- Organize and Report PeopleSoft General Ledger Results
- Set Up and Perform Financial Allocations
- Set Up and Perform Financial Consolidations
Who Can Benefit
- End Users
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Reporting Manager
- Functional Implementer
- Implementation Consultant
- Reports Developer
- System Administrator
- Technical Consultant
- Understanding of basic navigation and PeopleSoft concepts.
- Use of control tables to enforce business rules
- Able to run processes and reports