In this PeopleSoft Commitment Control training, you will learn about the fundamental components of a PeopleSoft Commitment Control implementation. This includes control budget setup, exception handling, alerts and inquiries, budget closing and reporting results.
- Set up and maintain Commitment Control ledgers and control budgets.
- Control transactions actively for predefined, authorized budgets.
- Perform real-time budget checking for source transactions within various applications, including Project Costing, Payables, Purchasing, Expenses and General Ledger.
- Manage budget checking and exception handling.
- Perform budget closing.
Benefits to You
Learn valuable information from the implementer's perspective, as well as for end-users. You are presented with best practices for achieving maximum efficiency when managing budgets. Discussions and activities include control budget setup, source transaction processing, budget checking and exception handling.
Use Key PeopleSoft Applications
Learn how the PeopleSoft Commitment Control solution works within key PeopleSoft applications, including General Ledger, Payables, Project Costing, Purchasing and Expenses.
Manage Budgets & Create Source Transactions
Expert Oracle University instructors use lively discussions and activities to illustrate Commitment Control functions you may use in your business. You will manage budgets, create source transactions within the various applications, budget check them and close out budgets for the year. You will also explore the reporting tools and alerts available when using Commitment Control.
- Course materials are appropriate for any customer using Release 9.x PeopleSoft Applications.
- If a customer has already taken the Release 9.1 course, retake is not necessary.
- Configure the system for Commitment Control
- Define and manage control budgets
- Create control budgets within various applications
- Perform budget checking for a variety of source transactions
- Manage budget alerts and exceptions
- Perform budget closing
Who Can Benefit
- Configuration Consultant
- Configuration Implementer
- End Users
- Functional Implementer