This PeopleSoft Contracts training teaches the fundamental concepts and features of the PeopleSoft Contracts application. You will learn how to define the rules for creating and maintaining a contract and more.
- Prepare and manage contracts for billing.
- Prepare and manage contracts for generating revenue.
- Manage prepaid and recurring contract lines.
- Create, manage and analyze contracts.
- Create billing and revenue recognition plans and process associated transactions.
- Generate prepaid associated to contract lines and manage renewable services.
Benefits to You
You will learn to use the major features of PeopleSoft Contracts, which you can apply and build on when you return to your own business environment. Activities throughout the course provide stepwise examples that simulate scenarios in businesses like yours.
Participate in Hands-On Exercises
By participating in a combination of interactive instruction and hands-on exercises, you'll explore the integration with other PeopleSoft applications, including PeopleSoft Billing, PeopleSoft Project Costing, PeopleSoft Order Management and PeopleSoft General Ledger. Through lessons and activities, you'll learn the necessary skills to implement and process contracts in their own environment. The government contracting features and functions of PeopleSoft Contracts 9.2 are not discussed in this course. Supplier contracts are covered in the PeopleSoft Purchasing module.
- Course materials are appropriate for any customer using Release 9.x PeopleSoft Applications.
- If a customer has already taken the Release 9.1 course, retake is not necessary.
- Populate General and Contracts-Specific Control Tables
- Define Contract Related Products
- Describe PeopleSoft Contracts
- Create and Utilize Contracts Business Units
- Structure Contracts Integration with other PeopleSoft Applications
- Define and Maintain Billing Plans
- Define and Maintain Revenue Recognition Plans
- Create a Contract
- Generate Invoices and Manage Billing for Amount-based, Recurring, and Rate-based Contract Lines
- Perform Prepaid Processing
- Process and Manage Revenue
- Modify and Manage an Existing Contract
- Process Contract Renewals
- Utilize the Various Contracts Reporting Options
Who Can Benefit
- Functional Implementer
- Use of control tables to enforce business rules
- Understanding of basic navigation and PeopleSoft concepts
- Able to run processes and reports