Training for PeopleSoft General Ledger Rel 9.2 through Update Image 14 provides step-by-step instruction for implementing, using, and maintaining the fundamentals of PeopleSoft General Ledger 9.2. Expert Oracle University instructors teach you how to structure your organization for optimal performance for business units, ledgers, trees and ChartField management, from the ground up.
- Implement General Ledger and set up core data.
- Create, maintain, and utilize PeopleSoft Trees.
- Define journal processing options.
- Enter online journal entries and import spreadsheet journals.
- Perform year-end close.
- Use the General Ledger WorkCenter to better organize your workload and save valuable time and energy.
- Create a new business unit and follow it through setup, processing data, closing, and reporting results using delivered reports, inquiries, and PS/nVision.
Benefits to You
Taking this course introduces you to the latest features in PeopleSoft General Ledger through hands-on activities. You will walk away with an understanding of the best practices for achieving maximum efficiency. Learn valuable information from the implementer's perspective, as well as for end-users. Activities include early decision-making regarding structure based on business needs, troubleshooting, and error resolution.
Engage in Hands-On Exercises
You will perform hands-on activities throughout the course that follow the process flow of an implementation, journal creation, journal edit, and closing cycles. You'll explore and discuss PeopleSoft methods for securing sensitive data. These methods include all types of journal processing, tips for efficiency, as well as the use of inquiry pages and delivered reports.
This is an intensive, 4-day course.
- Implement PeopleSoft General Ledger
- Structure PeopleSoft General Ledger to meet business requirements
- Create and Process PeopleSoft General Ledger data
- Learn to use the tools for troubleshooting errors and resolving issues
- Organize and Report PeopleSoft General Ledger Results
Who Can Benefit
- End Users
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Reporting Manager
- Functional Implementer
- Implementation Consultant
- Reports Developer
- System Administrator
- Technical Consultant
- Understanding of basic navigation and PeopleSoft concepts.
- Use of control tables to enforce business rules
- Able to run processes and reports