The Project Costing 9.2 course covers the features, functions, and processes supported by PeopleSoft Project Costing. You will use project data to support budgeting, staffing, and analysis for projects and project activities. This course has been updated through Update Image 14.
- Set up and maintain projects and activities.
- Allocate transaction costs from the general ledger to projects, or between projects.
- Set up and execute Project Costing integration with other PeopleSoft applications to track projects, such as Travel and Expense, Payables, Expenses and so on.
- Price cost transactions, generate billing transactions and prepare to integrate with PeopleSoft Contracts.
- Set up and capitalize assets.
- Work with budgeting and project team staffing.
Benefits to You
After taking this training, you will have a better understanding of how PeopleSoft Project Costing integrates with other PeopleSoft Applications, as well as the structure of a project. You'll know how to set up installation options, user options and Project Costing options for projects, activities and transactions.
Creating a Project
Expert Oracle University instructors will also teach you how to create a project, project activities and project transactions. You'll also explore creating price project costs, allocating project costs and creating accounting entries for the general ledger.
PeopleSoft Commitment Control
If your organization uses PeopleSoft Commitment Control, this course will teach you how to set up project budgeting and budget plans. Expert Oracle University instructors will teach you how to finalize and adjust a budget.
- Create projects, activities, transactions
- Assign project teams to projects and activities
- Use project trees
- Track costs from other PeopleSoft applications such as Time and Labor, Expenses, and Purchasing
- Analyze and adjust projects
- Set up project security and project budgets
- Price project costs, allocate project costs, and generate accounting entries
- Create project reports
- Use projects to capitalize and retire assets
- Compress, archive, and delete project data
- Set up project costing installation options, user preferences, business units, projects, activities, and transactions
Who Can Benefit
- Business Analysts
- Functional Implementer
- Understand basic navigation and PeopleSoft concepts
- Use control tables to enforce business rules
- Run processes and reports