This PeopleSoft Purchasing/Inventory Accelerated Rel 9.2 training covers several of the basic features and functions of PeopleSoft Purchasing and PeopleSoft Inventory. The Purchasing portion of this course covers the implementation steps for PeopleSoft Purchasing, including setting up purchasing business units, buyers, requesters, suppliers, items, and the approval framework. This 9.2 course has been updated through Update Image 14.
- Set up the basic structure for Purchasing and Inventory.
- Enter and process purchasing transactions.
- Enter and process inventory transactions.
- Adjusting purchase order prices and taxes.
- Maintain an inventory business unit.
- Understand integration between PeopleSoft applications.
- Define the default hierarchy.
- Use distribution networks.
- Establish miscellaneous and landed costs.
- Set up sales and use taxes.
- Maintain price adjustments.
Benefits to You
By enrolling this course, you'll develop the skills to use the major features of both PeopleSoft Purchasing and PeopleSoft Inventory, which you can apply and build on when you return to your own business environment. Expert Oracle University instructors will walk you through activities that provide step-wise examples to simulate scenarios in your business.
Inventory Portion of This Course
The Inventory portion of this course covers the implementation steps for PeopleSoft Inventory, including setting up inventory business units, material storage locations, PeopleSoft Cost Management settings, items, and the Events and Notifications Framework. You'll discuss entering and processing inventory transactions including stocking items, adjusting stock levels, transferring stock, shipping orders, replenishing stock and recording inventory count results. Learn inventory features that include using storage containers, establishing par locations, transferring stock between business units, recording the accounting for all inventory transactions and receiving items from PeopleSoft Purchasing.
Purchasing Portion of This Course
The purchasing section of this course then teaches you how to enter and process purchasing transactions. These transactions include requisitions, purchase orders, receipts, change orders, and purchase order contracts.
- Setting up PeopleSoft Inventory
- Replenishing inventory stock
- Establishing business units
- Maintaining inventory stock
- Implementing PeopleSoft Purchasing
- Shipping orders from inventory
- Creating suppliers
- and requesters
- Adding and maintaining items
- Using the Approval Framework
- Entering and processing purchasing transactions
- Entering and processing inventory transactions
- Using advanced procurement options
- Adjusting PO prices and applying taxes
- Using purchase order contracts
- Recording inventory stock counts
- Using the Events and Notification Framework
- Use of control tables to enforce business rules
- Understand basic navigation and PeopleSoft concepts