This PeopleSoft Purchasing / Payables Accelerated Rel 9.2 training explores both applications, beginning with the process of setting up a Purchasing business unit and its installation options. Expert Oracle University instructors will then describe how you use the business unit with locations, buyers, items, and suppliers to complete Purchasing processes. This 9.2 course has been updated through Update Image 14.
- Work with vouchers.
- Create, approve, and source requisitions.
- Define suppliers.
- Manage purchase orders and receipts.
- Create purchasing contracts.
- Set up control tables.
- Manage data through mass updates and inquiries.
- Process Supplier Onboarding.
- Create Payment Requests.
- Understand the basics of Journal Generator and how to send accounting entries to the general ledger.
- Dispatch purchase orders, generate purchase order contracts and receive items processes.
- Understand miscellaneous charges that can be combined with items on a purchase order, supplier setup and maintenance information, items, sales and use tax and supplier price adjustments.
Benefits to You
You'll learn how to use the major features of both PeopleSoft Purchasing and PeopleSoft Payables, which you can apply and build on when you return to your own business environment. Activities throughout the course provide step-wise examples that simulate scenarios in businesses like yours. These processes include creating and sourcing requisitions, running purchase order calculations and creating purchase orders.
Managing the PeopleSoft Payables Application
The Payables portion of the course helps you develop a basic understanding of implementing and managing the PeopleSoft Payables application. From setting up system tables to running Payables reports, you'll learn about the different voucher types and how to copy information into vouchers using purchase orders. You'll be introduced to contract vouchers and recurring vouchers and how to process vouchers through PayCycle and posting payments.
Review Accounting Entries
Expert Oracle University instructors also teach you how to review accounting entries and other Payables information. See how to define rules for entering and processing payables transactions and follow the flow of external and internal invoices from supplier to voucher to payment to general ledger accounting entries.
- Analyze PeopleSoft Payables data
- Describe the business process flow and basic functionality of the Enterprise PeopleSoft Purchasing system
- Process Supplier Onboarding
- Enter Payment Requests
- Set up basic purchasing transactions and run processes
- Construct PeopleSoft Payables transactions
- Describe PeopleSoft Payables
- Explain PeopleSoft reporting tools
- Identify the way PeopleSoft stores data
- Set up commonly used advanced features
- Set up the basic structure for using PeopleSoft Purchasing
- Manage PeopleSoft Payables processes
- Set up Payables data
Who Can Benefit
- End Users
- Functional Implementer
- Use control tables to enforce business rules
- Run processes and reports
- Understand basic navigation and PeopleSoft concepts