In the career planning portion of the course, you will learn how to set up career plans as part of a proactive approach to employee career development. You will learn where to track career paths, training, goals, and areas of development.
In the succession planning part of the course, you will create a graphical model of an organization structure based on key jobs, positions, and people to reflect the appropriate succession plans for your organization. You will search for, identify, rank, and review candidates for actual or potential vacancies in the succession plan.
- Use the Succession 360 page to review and manage a succession hierarchy.
- Describe career and succession planning setup.
- Create organization career path defaults.
- Manage employee career paths.
- Define succession plans for key jobs, positions and people.
- Use rating boxes to graphically represent employee rating assignments.
Benefits to You
By investing in this course, you'll develop a solid understanding of the setup and administration of PeopleSoft’s career planning and succession planning functionality. Through a combination of instruction and hands-on exercises, you'll learn how to apply this new knowledge to successfully complete daily tasks.
You'll see how the career planning business process helps your organization retain talent. By building career paths for employees and identifying job opportunities and growth within the organization, they won't need to look elsewhere. With integration to ePerformance and Enterprise Learning Management, you can identify employees’ strengths and areas that need improvement. Establish career development and training plans to address those needs.
Through succession planning business processes, this course will show you will show you how your organization can identify and track who is best suited to eventually replace employees currently holding key positions.
- Course materials are appropriate for any customer using Release 9.x PeopleSoft Applications.
- If a customer has already taken the Release 9.1 course, retake is not necessary.
- Design and Maintain Individual Career Plans
- Lay the Foundation for Succession Planning
- Create and Manage Succession Plans
- View Succession Plans Through Succession 360°
- Lay the Foundation for Career Planning
Who Can Benefit
- Business Analysts
- Functional Implementer
- Project Manager
- Understanding of PeopleSoft Manage Profiles
- Understanding of PeopleSoft Tree Manager