In this course, participants complete activities that develop their knowledge of implementing academic structure for PeopleSoft Enterprise Campus Solutions as they revise and update an academic structure through online pages and Tree Manager. Participants learn about the difference between a single and multi-institution setup and how to define and use campus and location values and facilities as they relate to scheduling and facility groupings. Participants learn how to define academic careers as well as academic programs, plans, and sub-plans and look at the rules for defining academic terms and sessions and all related dates and time periods within an academic structure.
Discussions abound about how each piece of the academic structure interacts with the others to form an interdependent system of rules and regulations that give business processes the foundation upon which they rely. Through a discussion of dynamic dates, students learn that many term and session dates affect more than one area of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions. Participants look at the association between setting up and organizing PeopleSoft Tree Manager and how security can then be established for specific departmental use of the course catalog, based on this hierarchy.Learn to:
- Evaluate the application of key academic structure components in your system
- Setup academic terms and sessions
- Define academic structure user security as it relates to PeopleSoft Enterprise Campus Solutions business process
- Provide an overview of academic structure.
- Evaluate the application of key academic structural components to your system.
- Describe how to set up academic terms and sessions.
- Explain the use of academic organizations, including PeopleSoft Tree Manager.
- Define user security for academic structure as it relates to PeopleSoft Campus
Who Can Benefit
- Business Analysts
- Functional Implementer
- Project Manager
- Understanding of basic navigation and PeopleSoft concepts
- Use of control tables to enforce business rules
- Able to run processes and reports