This PeopleSoft PeopleTools Installation & Server Admin. Rel 8.53 training covers the installation and implementation of the PeopleTools 8.53 components used to deploy PeopleSoft applications. Expert Oracle University instructors will teach you how to install the required software and create the primary servers that are part of the PeopleSoft Pure Internet Architecture.
- Describe the PeopleSoft databases and how they are created.
- Describe the role of PeopleTools in PeopleSoft applications and design/construct a PeopleTools implementation.
- Explain PeopleSoft Pure Internet Architecture and the implications for system design and implementation.
- Install PeopleSoft components on a web server and configure that server to support access to a PeopleSoft application.
- Describe, create and administer PeopleSoft Application Server domains, PeopleSoft Process Scheduler domains and the batch environment.
- Use monitoring tools to observe, troubleshoot and tune the PIA environment.
- Configure and manage the Oracle SES-based PeopleSoft Search Framework.
- Implement PeopleTools server caching options.
Benefits to You
Enrolling in this course will help you understand the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture and implications for system design and implementation. You will practice installing middleware components (Oracle Tuxedo), PeopleSoft environment (PeopleTools), PeopleSoft databases, web components (Oracle WebLogic) and PeopleSoft Search Framework (Oracle SES).
Tuxedo-Based Application Server Domains
You will also learn how to create, configure and administer Tuxedo-based application server domains and the PeopleSoft batch environment, including PeopleSoft Process Scheduler. In addition, you will configure end user search options, provided by the Oracle SES-based PeopleSoft Search Framework.
This five-day course is taught in a Microsoft Windows environment using the Oracle database platform.
- Install and configure the PIA web components
- Describe, create, and administer the PeopleSoft batch server environment
- Use monitoring tools to observe, troubleshoot, and tune the PIA environment
- Design and construct a PeopleTools implementation
- Create, configure, and administer the application server domains
- Describe the PeopleSoft Pure Internet Architecture and its implications for system design and implementation
- Describe and install middleware components, PeopleSoft environment, and PeopleSoft databases
Who Can Benefit
- Database Administrators
- Functional Implementer
- Support Engineer
- System Administrator
- System Analysts
- Technical Administrator
- Technical Consultant
- Web Administrator
- Experience working with and configuring servers
- Basic understanding of PeopleTools