This Lifecycle Management and PeopleSoft Update Manager Accelerated Rel 8.54 course will teach you to manage customizations, apply updates across PeopleTools releases (application 9.2 on PeopleTools 8.53, PUM Source on PeopleTools 8.54) and upgrade a PeopleSoft application. You'll use the necessary tools to accomplish these tasks, including Application Designer's upgrade features, Data Mover, Data Migration Workbench, and Change Assistant.
- Perform an upgrade.
- Manage customizations.
- Customize the PeopleSoft system and migrate the customizations to other databases.
- Create Change Packages.
- Compare and analyze definitions between databases.
- Understand the methodology for applying update maintenance to your PeopleSoft 9.2 and above applications.
- Install the Oracle VirtualBox and apply the updates to all your PeopleSoft environments.
- Configure the Windows Client running Change Assistant.
- Define a new Change Package.
- Use PeopleSoft Update Manager PIA application.
- Apply Change Package.
- Download and apply a PeopleSoft Release Patchset.
- Upgrade PeopleTools.
- Apply PeopleTools patch.
Benefits to You
Leverage the full set of PeopleSoft lifecycle support applications and utilities to help reduce the cost of ownership of your PeopleSoft applications by simplifying the processes of upgrading and maintaining your PeopleSoft databases.
PeopleSoft Update Manager is the update methodology and mechanism you will use to apply updates to your PeopleSoft applications. This course steps you through the entire process to get you up and running quickly.
You'll also learn to download, import and start the PeopleSoft Image for your PeopleSoft product.
PeopleSoft Update Manager
You’ll learn how to perform all of the tasks necessary to set up and use this methodology.
You'll also learn how to use Change Assistant for Update Manager, including defining and applying the generated custom change package.
PeopleSoft Update Manager PIA Application
You'll also learn how search and select updates using PeopleSoft Update Manager PIA Application.
- Describe data management tools
- Migrate customizations between PeopleSoft databases using projects
- Compare and analyze definitions.
- Migrate data using Data Mover and Data Migration Workbench
- Create and apply change packages in Change Assistant.
- Perform an Upgrade
- Start the PeopleSoft VirtualBox Appliance
- Define a new change package
- Use PeopleSoft Update Manager PIA application
- Download and import PeopleSoft VirtualBox Images
- Download and apply a PeopleSoft Release Patchset
- Upgrade PeopleTools
- Apply PeopleTools patch
Who Can Benefit
- Application Developers
- Database Administrators
- System Administrator
- Technical Administrator
- Technical Consultant
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Architecture
- Understanding of the data structures of PeopleSoft applications