This Upgrade and Data Management Rel 8.50 course will teach you to manage customizations, apply application updates and upgrade a PeopleSoft application. You'll use the necessary tools to accomplish these tasks, including Application Designer's upgrade features, Data Mover and Change Assistant.Learn To:
- Perform an upgrade.
- Manage customizations.
- Compare and analyze definitions between databases.
- Apply application updates.
Leverage the full set of PeopleSoft lifecycle support applications and utilities to help reduce the cost of ownership of your PeopleSoft applications by simplifying the processes of upgrading and maintaining your PeopleSoft databases.
You will also use the Application Designer upgrade tools to create projects, compare projects, analyze compare reports and copy definitions to different environments.
Learn to customize the PeopleSoft system and migrate the customizations to other databases. Create Change Packages for updates and apply updates downloaded from My Oracle Support.
This course will review the application upgrade process and all of the tools used to perform upgrades. You'll create an upgrade job in Change Assistant and run all of the steps in the application upgrade.
- Describe the different data management tools
- Manage customizations
- Migrate customizations between PeopleSoft databases using projects
- Compare and analyze definitions
- Use Data Mover to export and import data
- Apply application updates
- Perform an upgrade
Who Can Benefit
- Application Developers
- Database Administrators
- System Analysts
- Technical Consultant
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft Architecture
- Experience with Application Designer
- Understanding of the data structures of PeopleSoft Applications