This PeopleSoft Query/BI Publisher Power Combo Rel 8.53 training covers the basic and advanced functions of PeopleSoft Query and BI Publisher for PeopleSoft. You’ll learn how to design reports that use criteria to filter data, use expressions to perform configurable online calculations and use runtime prompts that build flexibility and reusability into your reports to decrease your report design time.
- Filter output with criteria and runtime prompts.
- Work with multiple tables and summary calculations.
- Perform PSQuery administrative tasks.
- Create expressions, drilling URLs, any-joins and outer-joins.
- Use subqueries, unions and Connected Query.
- Create and register data sources in PB Pulisher.
- Create templates, use common templates and rich text.
- Use XSL Mapper.
- Define and run BI Publisher reports
Benefits to You
Investing in this course will help you develop the skills to use functionalities in PeopleSoft Query and BI Publisher for PeopleSoft. You’ll learn how to use runtime prompts, expressions, criteria rows, aggregate functions, joins, subqueries, unions and other tools in PeopleSoft Query. Furthermore, you'll develop the knowledge to extract the precise information you need to create visual representations of the PeopleSoft database - without having to write SQL statements.
Manage Reporting Tasks
Enrolling in this course will also help you become more effective at managing the reporting tasks of your organization through optimal implementation of report generation, templates and scheduling. You’ll also reduce report maintenance by adjusting report templates without the involvement of IT resources.
The BI Publisher portion of the course teaches you how to use a template-based reporting solution that separates the data extraction process from the report layout and allows you to reuse extracted application data into multiple report layouts. It's designed for developers and power users who will be creating and maintaining custom reports.
- Filter outputs with criteria and runtime prompts
- Describe query reporting
- Use Query Manager
- Work with multiple tables
- Create expressions and unions
- Use drilling URLs in PeopleSoft Query
- Implement any joins and outer joins
- Use subqueries
- Create and register data source
- Create templates in BI Publisher
- Define, run, and view BI Publisher reports
- Set up BI Publisher for PeopleSoft applications
- Use XSL Mapper and rich text in BI Publisher reports
- Use Connected Query
Who Can Benefit
- End Users
- Financial Reporting Manager
- Project Manager
- Reports Developer
- Technical Consultant
- Basic knowledge of relational databases, effective-date, translated values, key fields, and prompt tables.
- Basic knowledge of PeopleSoft navigation, PeopleSoft concepts, and PeopleSoft Architecture.
- Basic knowledge of report writing techniques.