The Oracle Private Cloud Appliance: Overview introduces essential concepts for administration and operation of the virtualization environment hosted by the Private Cloud Appliance helping you manage Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Review the hardware and software as installed and configured in the Private Cloud Appliance.
- Monitor the health of hardware.
- Allocate memory, CPU, and storage resources for effective virtualization support.
- Create, deploy, manage, and delete virtual machines.
- Enable virtual machines to run with high availability, or in isolation.
- Configure the allocation of IaaS resources.
- Provide Infrastructure as a Service with Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control.
Benefits to You:
The Oracle Private Cloud Appliance delivers on the promise of simplified cloud management. The converged infrastructure solution consists of preconfigured Oracle server, network, and storage hardware and Oracle software, to create a highly configurable pool of memory, CPU, and storage resources for running applications in a virtualization environment. Administration of the Private Cloud Appliance enables:
- Cost reduction by eliminating multi-vendor integration.
- Eliminating the risk of cabling, hardware or software configuration errors.
- Reducing the amount of time taken to deploy new applications.
- Licensing only the software that is used, and not the capacity.
This seminar prepares students for creating, deploying and managing virtualized servers in an installed Private Cloud Appliance by providing an overview of the preconfigured hardware and software features.
- Explain how to configure a VLAN segment for guest virtual machines
- Define virtual machinendash;related terms
- Describe the purpose of the Virtual NICs tool
- Describe the logical view of a virtual machine
- Explain the virtual machine life cycle
- Describe the steps to create a virtual machine
- Explain the process of cloning a virtual machine or template
- Describe the general features used to set up the Self Service Portal for the Infrastructure Cloud
- Describe the steps to provision a server (VM) from a template or an assembly
- Explain the advantages of virtualization
- Describe characteristics of the Oracle Private Cloud Appliance
- Describe access and usage of the Private Cloud Appliance interfaces
- Describe the general architecture of Oracle VM in the Private Cloud Appliance
- Describe the importance of ISO files to the creation of virtual machines
- Describe the importance of virtual disks to the operation of virtual machines
- Define a VLAN and its purpose
- Familiarity with creating and managing virtual machines
- Familiarity with configuring networks and storage in the data center and in a virtualized environment
- Familiarity with physical and virtual server system administration
- Familiarity with IAAS and PAAS concepts