This course provides the information required by the Storage Administrator to manage the SL8500 and SL3000 tape libraries using the using the Sun StorageTek Enterprise Library Software (ELS) - SMC (Storage Management Component) and HSC (Host Software Component). This primary focus of this course is on the architecture, administration and management of the physical tape libraries.Learn to:
- Code, assemble, link-edit LIBGEN assembler macros
- Perform sizing, backups and reconfiguring of the CDS
- Code the new method for defining volume characteristics and pool definitions
- Execute common HSC commands and utilities
- Customize the HSC started stack and PARMLIB control statements
- Code required SMC commands for ELS SMC feature
- Gain a basic understanding of optional ELS features that are available.
- Learn basic administration and management of physical tape libraries (e.g. SL8500 and SL3000) using Sun StorageTek Enterprise Library Software (ELS) - SMC (Storage Management Comp
- Master ACS (Automated Cartridge Systems) real tape library and VSM (Virtual Storage Manager) virtual tape library concepts.
Who Can Benefit
- Support Engineer
- Technical Administrator
- Technical Consultant
- Knowledge of StorageTek physical and virtual tape libraries
- Proficiency in basic mainframe skils: JCL, ISPF