The Oracle VM Server for SPARC: Installation and Configuration course teaches practical skills for building and managing virtual environments, based on scalable and dynamic resource management using Oracle SPARC server virtualization technology.
- Build scalable logical domain based virtual environments.
- Assign dedicated and shared resources to domains.
- Administer server resources for logical domains running business applications.
- Create root and I/O domains to increase performance for business critical applications.
- Increase availability and flexibility for virtual environments with live migration.
Benefits To You
Oracle VM Server for SPARC provides efficient, enterprise class virtualization for the Oracle SPARC server platform running Oracle Solaris operating system.
Using the Oracle SPARC hypervisor to create hardware partitioned logical domains, you are able to efficiently build and manage up to 128 hardware independent virtual environments on a single server. By learning to create the various types of logical domains, implementing native and virtualized access to I/O hardware for domains running business critical applications is made easy.
You will be shown how to maximize workload efficiency by effectively administering the platform resources and taking advantage of the massive CPU core and thread scale offered by Oracle SPARC servers.
- Configure control and service domains
- Create a guest domain
- Install Oracle Solaris using an AI Server
- Create a root domain
- Create an I/O domain using SR-IOV
- Assign I/O resources using Direct I/O
- Reconfigure server resources for logical domains
- Use virtual disks
- Use virtual networks
- Implement VLAN and Port VLAN based switching
- Manage logical domain configurations
- Perform live migration operations
- Perform non interactive migration operations
- Use ZFS backends
- Plan an Oracle VM Server for SPARC installation
- Perform basic Oracle SPARC server initial setup tasks
- Administer Ethernet networks
- Install and administer an Oracle Solaris OS
- Configure basic IP networks
- Understand basic storage concepts
- Knowledge of virtualization concepts