The Oracle VM Server for x86: Implementation course teaches you how to enhance cloud effectiveness with rapid deployment of cloud resources and applications. You will learn how to administer, redistribute, troubleshoot and protect Oracle VM resources to ensure seamless and continuous access of your applications.
Oracle VM offers a dynamic architecture which allows you to effectively deploy server virtualization to consolidate application workloads and ensure uninterrupted cloud services. Using extensive hands-on practices, this course prepares you to respond quickly to changing business conditions.
- Administer the Oracle VM environment by using the appropriate management tools.
- Redeploy cloud resources to meet requirements.
- Track and solve issues at each operational layer.
- Protect Oracle VM resources.
- Incorporate key components into your disaster and recovery strategy.
Benefits to You
Maximize Cloud Resources
Server virtualization is the first step to delivering application and cloud services. In your Oracle VM environment, you have the ability to deploy and redeploy standardized and pre-configured software appliances to meet workload objectives and to redistribute physical and virtual resources to maximize resources for your application workload. In this course, you learn the tools and processes to accelerate your private cloud deployments and to redeploy resources effectively.
Increase Application Availability
Virtual environments introduce challenges for isolating and solving problems. Learn to detect problems at every layer of the Oracle VM environment, how to capture a configuration snapshot of your environment before making changes and as a way to communicate vital information about your environment to Oracle support.
Protect Cloud Resources
You learn to identify the resources that you must protect, and the steps to back up and recover these resources. You explore environment-wide recovery scenarios and gain knowledge that you can use as a blueprint for your disaster recovery strategy.
- Learn to recover your Oracle VM environment by using disaster scenarios
- Integrate lessons learned during recovery to your D/R plans
- Administer your Oracle VM environment by using the Oracle VM Manager UI and the Oracle VM CLI
- Increase administrative reach with the Oracle VM Web Services API
- Create virtual machines by importing existing resources and migrating guests from other platforms
- Perform dynamic resource changes to running virtual machines
- Automate the configuration of virtual machines when they boot for the first time
- Redeploy Oracle VM servers, server pools and repositories in response to changing requirements in your Oracle VM environment
- Use tools and commands to examine the status of Oracle VM components and to identify problems
- Identify Oracle VM components to protect and establish guidelines for backing up and restoring these components
Who Can Benefit
- Application Developers
- Functional Implementer
- Sales Consultants
- Support Engineer
- System Administrator
- System Analysts
- Technical Administrator
- Web Administrator
- Ability to administer a Linux environment and implement a virtual infrastructure using any virtualization platform
- Networking principles
- Link aggregation and VLAN technologies
- Storage concepts: iSCSI, NFS, FC
- Thin provisioning