This course provides administrators and operators with the theoretical understanding and hands-on experience needed to manage a Pivotal Cloud Foundry Installation. The course begins with an introduction to how Pivotal Cloud Foundry is transforming the way software is built and deployed. Students will then focus on “Day 1 Operations” - including installing Ops Manager and the Pivotal Application Service, configuring users, roles, and quotas, and setting up the platform for logging and monitoring. From there, the course explores “Day 2 Operations” - backing up and restoring an installation, automation, and upgrading Ops Manager and tiles. Upon completion of this course, participants will have the skills necessary to go from setup through maintenance of their organization’s cloud platform.
At the end of the training, students will be able to:
- Understand the Pivotal Application Service architecture and how it impacts developers
- Install, backup, restore, and upgrade a Pivotal Cloud Foundry installation
- Create users and assign roles
- Manage org and space quotas
- Monitor Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Use automation techniques to explore, troubleshoot and deploy releases
Who Can Benefit
Administrators responsible for the installation, configuration and management of a Pivotal Cloud Foundry installation.
- Experience using the command line interface, especially Linux or Mac OSX.
- Completion of a Cloud Foundry developer course is preferred, but not required.