This course is designed to provide training in the installation, configuration and management of GemFire. Students will learn how to define configurations based on desired topologies and region requirements, as well as how to manage a running GemFire cluster. This course will provide hands-on experience with defining different cluster configurations, stopping and starting members, troubleshooting problems and more. This three day course is designed to provide the necessary combination of technical concepts and hands-on experience to enable administrators to effectively manage their deployments. This course prepares students for the GemFire Administrator certification exam.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Understand GemFire topology options
- Understand the detailed installation and configuration process
- Understand the use of Disk Stores and their configuration
- Gain Hands-on experience using tools for management and monitoring of GemFire clusters
- Learn troubleshooting methodologies for locating and correcting issues
Who Can Benefit
Administrators responsible for the installation, configuration and day to day management of GemFire. Anyone wanting deeper understanding of how GemFire is configured, how to operationalize GemFire or how to troubleshoot problems that may arise in the GemFire cluster.
- Basic Windows, UNIX or Linux command-line navigation and administration skills
- Comfort level with scripting using Windows or Bash scripting