Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) introduces building and managing Docker containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster. This course helps students build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform. The video classroom version is only available on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.5 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
As a result of attending this class, students should be able to containerize simple software applications and services; deploy them with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift; test the containerized version; and troubleshoot issues with deployment. One of the key tenets of the DevOps movement is continuous integration and continuous deployment. Containers have become a key technology for the configuration and deployment of applications and microservices. Kubernetes is a container orchestration platform that provides foundational services in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- Understand container, Docker, and Red Hat OpenShift architecture.
- Create containerized services.
- Manage containers and container images.
- Create custom container images.
- Deploy containerized applications on Red Hat OpenShift.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
Who Can Benefit
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands · Have Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent experience
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies