OpenShift Enterprise Development (DO290) is part of a series of courses that focus on using OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat® to automate a portion of the software delivery pipeline. The course immerses the student in a DevOps environment through the use of agile software development methodology, test-driven development, continuous integration, and a standard operating environment through the use of Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). Through hands-on labs, the student will implement user stories for an existing Java™ EE application and deploy the application to an OpenShift Enterprise instance. The student will learn how to create, update, and maintain applications using OpenShift Enterprise.
- Managing an application with Red Hat JBoss® Developer Studio
- Introduction to continuous integration (CI)
- Integrating CI into OpenShift Enterprise
- Implementing CI for the application
- Clustering the Bookstore application
- Remote debugging the Bookstore application
- Deploying custom containers
- Creating a custom template
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for application developers (not necessarily Java EE developers) interested in creating OpenShift Enterprise applications with automated unit/acceptance tests and deploying those applications using continuous integration to an OpenShift Enterprise instance.
- Java EE programming skills are helpful—we try to keep the programming tasks simple, like changing the color of an item on an HTML page—so general HTML skills common to many programming environments will suffice
- Experience as a successful developer in one of the environments supported by OpenShift Enterprise—either Python, Ruby, or Java EE
- Have taken Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) or have equivalent experience