Building on Red Hat Application Development I: Programming in Java EE (JB183), the introductory course for Java EE application development, Red Hat Application Development II: Implementing Microservice Architectures (JB283) emphasizes learning architectural principles and implementing microservices in Java EE, primarily based on MicroProfile with WildFly Swarm and OpenShift.
- Deploy and monitor microservice-based applications.
- Implement a microservice with MicroProfile.
- Implement unit and integration tests for microservices.
- Use the config specification to inject data into a microservice.
- Create a health check for a microservice.
- Implement fault tolerance in a microservice.
- Secure a microservice using the JSON Web Token (JWT) specification.
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for Java developers.
- Attend Red Hat Application Development I: Programming in Java EE (JB183) or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Be proficient in using an integrated development environment such as Red Hat® Developer Studio or Eclipse
- Experience with Maven is recommended, but not required