Red Hat Application Development I: Programming in Java EE with exam (JB184) exposes experienced Java Standard Edition (Java SE) developers to the world of Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE). This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Application Platform 7.0. This course is a combination of Red Hat JBoss Development I: Java EE (JB183) and Red Hat Certified Enterprise Application Developer Exam (EX183).
- Generating multi-tiered Java EE applications.
- Packaging and deploying Java EE applications.
- Creating Enterprise Java Beans, including message-driven beans.
- Managing persistence.
- Creating REST services with JAX-RS.
- Implementing Contexts and Dependency Injection.
- Creating messaging applications with JMS.
- Securing Java EE applications with JAAS.
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for Java developers who want to learn more about the specifications that comprise the world of Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE).
- Proficiency in developing Java SE applications, with 2+ years of experience required
- Proficiency in using an IDE such as Red Hat Developer Studio or Eclipse
- Experience with Maven is recommended but not required