Developing Rules Applications with Red Hat JBoss BRMS (JB463) teaches rule developers and Java™ enterprise application developers how to create, test, debug, and control business rules, how to generate rules packages, and how the Red Hat JBoss BRMS [business rules management system] runtime environment executes rules.
- Authoring basic business rules in Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio
- Authoring advanced rules
- Testing and debugging business rules
- Using spreadsheet decision tables
- Authoring and using DSL mapping files
- Red Hat JBoss BRMS architecture and runtime rule execution
- Controlling rule execution and preventing conflicts
- Complex event processing (CEP)
Who Can Benefit
- Rule authors responsible for authoring and testing rules, using Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio
- Java application developers responsible for developing and integrating business rules into Java and Java EE enterprise applications
- Basic Java and Java EE programming experience
- Knowledge of the Eclipse IDE, Maven, and GIT are useful, but not essential
- Business rule development experience is not required
Overview of Red Hat JBoss BRMS
Describe the architecture and business need for Red Hat JBoss BRMS.
- Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works
- Red Hat JBoss BRMS architecture
- Business central
Author basic rules
Author basic business rules using Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio.
- Rule basics
- Rule components
- Rule processing in JBTravel - a case study
- Authoring rules with JBoss Developer Studio
Describe the purpose and layout of a spreadsheet decision table, and identify how JBoss BRMS loads the decision table at runtime.
- Decision tables in a spreadsheet
- Decision tables at runtime
Describe the purpose of domain-specific languages (DSLs), how to declare them, and how to use them in a rule.
- Domain specific language
- DSL mapping file
- DSL rule implementation
Verify that given appropriate facts, a rule will be matched and actioned.
Author complex rules
Describe and use in rules.
- Advanced conditional elements
- Advanced field constraints
- Additional rule components
- Backward chaining
Develop rule applications
Implement rule management and rule integration into an application and call the rule server at runtime.
- Rule management
- Rule integration
- Rule execution server
Control rule execution
Describe and implement conflict resolution strategies in rule execution.
Describe the process of debugging Drools applications in Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio.
Complex event processing
Describe and use complex event processing with rules.
Performance (subject to time)
Optimize the processing and performance of rule execution at runtime.