The Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX403) tests candidates' knowledge, skills, and ability to use Red Hat products, including Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® and Red Hat Satellite Server, to deploy and manage systems in an efficient, scalable, replicable, and reliable manner.
Who Can Benefit
- System administrators responsible for managing large enterprise environments
- Red Hat Certified Engineers (RHCEs) interested in becoming Red Hat Certified Architects (RHCAs)
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrators (RHCSA®) or have equivalent experience and skills; being a RHCE is recommended.
- Have taken Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) course or have equivalent experience.
- Review the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX403) objectives.
Red Hat encourages all candidates for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX403) to consider taking the Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) course. Attendance in these classes is not required, and you can choose to take just an exam. While attending Red Hat's classes can be an important part of your preparation, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
This exam is a performance-based evaluation of systems deployment and management skills and knowledge. Candidates perform a number of systems administration tasks focused on configuring Red Hat Satellite Server and then use that system to deploy client systems. Candidates are evaluated on whether they have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means that candidates must perform tasks similar to what they perform on the job.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days. Exam results are reported as total scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.