Red Hat System Administration III with RHCE Exam (RH255), related to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, is designed for experienced Linux system administrators who hold a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent skills and who want to broaden their ability to administer Linux systems at an enterprise level. The course is focused on deploying and managing network servers running caching Domain Name Service (DNS), MariaDB, Apache HTTPD, Postfix SMTP nullclients, network file sharing with Network File System (NFS) and Server Message Block (SMB), iSCSI initiators and targets, advanced networking and firewalld configurations, and the use of Bash shell scripting to help automate, configure, and troubleshoot the system. Through lectures and hands-on labs, students who have already earned the RHCSA certification will be exposed to all competencies covered by the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam.
- This course does not cover all RHCSA tasks. Students who need a review of RHCSA skills are encouraged to attend RHCSA Rapid Track Course (RH199).
- This version of the course includes the RHCSA and RHCE exams.
- Network port security and link aggregation
- iSCSI initiator and target configuration
- DNS troubleshooting and caching name server
- Providing NFS and SMB file servers
- Apache HTTPD web server management
- MariaDB SQL database configuration
- Postfix SMTP nullclient for servers
- Bash scripting for automation
Who Can Benefit
- Red Hat System Administration III is intended for experienced Linux administrators wishing to learn enterprise-level automation techniques through scripting, how to deploy and secure network services, and how to manage other key security features of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Students in this course should have earned their RHCSA or have equivalent skills.
RHCSA certification or equivalent experience.