The Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Application Development Exam (EX288) tests your ability to deploy existing applications in a Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform environment. By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist, which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat® Certified Architect (RHCA®). This exam is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.6.
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance. Candidates for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Application Development exam should be able to perform these tasks
- Troubleshoot application deployment issues
- Create custom image streams
- Use OpenShift secrets and ConfigMaps to inject configuration data into applications
- Customize existing S2I builder images
- Implement hooks and triggers
- Work with multi-container templates
- Implement application health monitoring
Who Can Benefit
- Application developers in a DevOps role who are responsible for managing a Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform environment
- Application developers in a DevOps role who are responsible for implementing a Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform environment
- Application developers who are responsible for creating containerized applications or converting existing applications into containerized applications
Candidates for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Application Development exam (EX288) should have a basic understanding of container technology. Some programming experience is recommended, but not required.