If your responsibilities include developing a Wave environment that contains Salesforce and external data, setting up Wave data security, and creating attractive and effective dashboards that require advanced queries, taking this class will boost your skills to the next level. In this 3-day instructor-led course, you will learn how to set up users in Wave, load and transform Salesforce and external data in Wave with JSON metadata files, and configure data security with apps and row-level security. You will also learn how to apply desktop and mobile layouts to dashboards by customizing dashboard JSON files, modify dashboard queries by updating compact form and SAQL queries, and update metadata with an XML file.
- Determine your user, data, and security requirements, and establish a development process
- Set up apps and control what users can do in Wave Analytics by assigning them permission set licenses, permission sets, and app permissions
- Load an external CSV file to Wave and create and run a dataflow JSON file that loads Salesforce data and combines it with data from an existing dataset
- Understand and implement data security in Wave and override security for implementation and testing
- Apply a Wave Analytics layout template to a dashboard and create a mobile dashboard layout
- Explain the limitations of filters in lenses and dashboards in the UI, and overcome these by modifying the compact form query
- Explain the process of dashboard queries and modify a SAQL query to meet many analytic requirements
- Create and upload an XMD file to modify a dataset’s metadata
Who Can Benefit
Connect and Integrate Your Data in Wave Analytics is ideal for integration specialists who want to learn more about connecting and securing data in Wave. This course is also great for business analysts or developers interested in creating advanced dashboards.
Salesforce knowledge, including: navigation, schema, security models, users, profiles, and permission sets. In addition, students should be proficient in Wave data exploration, building Wave dashboards with the UI, and basic JSON.