Many of the problems encountered in ERP implementations are the direct result of shortcomings in the effective management of business requirements. Industry studies around the world suggest as many as two out of every three ERP projects fail or are “challenged”; resulting in budget and schedule over runs. A vague understanding of expected business outcomes combined with insufficient skills to write, communicate and control effective requirements lead to misinterpretation of business needs. Where a project fails — it is often seen as a direct result of ineffective requirements management practices. Without effective requirements management, the magnitude of the problems grows exponentially because of the enterprise-wide impacts that ERPs have on the organization. This course provides participants with techniques, skills and resources to ensure that SAP solutions are aligned with business requirements. Emphasis is on the application of requirements elicitation techniques (based on the IIBA Business Analysis Body of Knowledge) that leverage the SAP Activate methodology. Additionally, the course demonstrates SAP Solution Manager Process Management capabilities.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Increase clarity of the objectives, processes and activities involved in defining testable requirements of different types.
- Manage key stakeholders expectations.
- Lead more effective and efficient requirements gathering workshops.
- Understand SAP tools to implement requirements traceability.
- Graphically document scenarios, processes and processes steps using the SAP Solution Manager Process Management functionality.
- Understand the consequences of customizing SAP.
- Use SAP Activate methodology resources to support effective requirements documentation.
- Plan solution validation workshops.
Who Can Benefit
- Project Managers
- Business Process Owners
- Business Analysts
- Business Users
- Team Leads
- Functional Analysts
- Anyone involved in defining and managing requirements for SAP
- Have a good grasp of business analysis concepts.
- Have basic understanding of the SAP Activate methodology that would be further explained though the course in the context of requirements and process management.
- Understand the purpose and capabilities of SAP Solution Manager in implementation and operation of SAP solutions that would be further explained though the course in the context of requirements and process management.
- Have basic understanding of SAP Best Practice concepts.