This course is for users who want to learn how to write SAS programs to access, explore, prepare, and analyze data. It is the entry point to learning SAS programming for data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. It is a prerequisite to many other SAS courses. If you do not plan to write SAS programs and you prefer a point-and-click interface, you should attend the SAS(R) Enterprise Guide(R) 1: Querying and Reporting course.
- Use SAS Studio and SAS Enterprise Guide to write and submit SAS programs.
- Access SAS, Microsoft Excel, and text data.
- Explore and validate data.
- Prepare data by subsetting rows and computing new columns.
- Analyze and report on data.
- Export data and results to Excel, PDF, and other formats.
- Use SQL in SAS to query and join tables.
Who Can Benefit
- Anyone starting to write SAS programs
- Before attending this course, you should have experience using computer software. Specifically, you should:
- Understand file structures and system commands on your operating systems.
- Be able to access data files on your operating systems.