This course focuses on DS2, which is a fourth-generation SAS proprietary language for advanced data manipulation. DS2 enables parallel processing and storage of large data with re-usable methods and packages. This course is designed for programmers with large data who want to use modern programming techniques and structures.
- identify the similarities and differences between the SAS DATA step and the DS2 DATA step
- convert a Base SAS DATA step to a DS2 DATA step
- create DS2 variable declarations, expressions, and methods for data conversion, manipulation, and conditional processing
- create user-defined packages and use predefined packages to store, share, and execute DS2 methods and extend the capabilities of the DD2 language
- create and execute DS2 threads for parallel processing
- leverage the SAS In-Database Code Accelerator to execute DS2 code outside of a SAS session
- execute DS2 code in the SAS High-Performance Analytics grid using the HPDS2 procedure.
Who Can Benefit
- Experienced SAS software users who want to use modern programming techniques for manipulating large data
- This course is not appropriate for beginning SAS software users. Before attending this course, you should have several months of SAS programming experience or have taken the SAS(R) Programming II: Manipulating Data with the DATA Step course. You should also have a solid background in ANSI SQL: 1999.