This course is for those who need to learn data manipulation techniques using the SAS DATA step and procedures to access, transform, and summarize data. The course builds on the concepts that are presented in the SAS(R) Programming I: Essentials course and is not recommended for beginning SAS software users.
- understand and control DATA step processing
- create an accumulating column and process data in groups
- manipulate data with functions
- convert column type
- create custom formats
- concatenate and merge tables
- process repetitive code
- restructure tables.
Who Can Benefit
- Business analysts and SAS programmers
- Before attending this course, you should be able to do the following:
- write DATA step code to subset rows and columns, compute new columns, and process data conditionally
- sort tables using the SORT procedure
- apply SAS formats