This course teaches you how to read Teradata tables in Teradata using the SAS 9.4 SAS/ACCESS Interface to Teradata. You learn how to connect to Teradata and to query a single Teradata table and multiple Teradata tables. You also learn efficiency techniques and options for optimizing data access performance.
- read Teradata tables using the LIBNAME statement and the SQL pass-through facility
- use options and efficiency techniques for optimizing data access performance
- join data using the SQL procedure and the DATA step
- publish and use SAS formats in Teradata.
Who Can Benefit
- SAS programmers who need to access data in Teradata from within SAS
- Before attending this course, you should be comfortable programming in SAS and Structured Query Language (SQL). You can gain this experience from the SAS(R) SQL 1: Essentials course. You can gain knowledge of SAS from the SAS(R) Programming I: Essentials course. A working knowledge of Teradata is helpful.