This intensive 4-day hands-on Android application development course is for designing and building mobile applications using Android™ open-source platform. This course explains the philosophy of developing for Android™ through its main application development building blocks and their interaction with one another. This complete hands-on course encourages students to learn by building increasingly more sophisticated and meaningful mobile applications for Android™. By the end of the course, each participant will build their own complete Android application incorporating most of the key aspects of the platform. Typically, we build a Twitter app for Android, but there are other choices depending on participants' interests. This course has been completely updated for Kit Kat (Android 4.4).
- Build your own Android apps
- Understand how Android™ applications work, their life cycle, manifest, Intents, and using external resources
- Design and develop useful Android™ applications with compelling user interfaces by using, extending, and creating your own layouts and Views and using Menus.
- Take advantage of Android's Application Framework API to build complex applications.
- Utilize the power of background services, threads, and notifications.
- Use Android's communication APIs for SMS, telephony, network management, and internet resources (HTTP).
- Secure, tune, package, and deploy Android™ applications
Who Can Benefit
This course is designed for software developers interested in designing, creating, deploying, and testing applications for the Android™ mobile phone platform. It is valuable to both novices and gurus, who already have experience in developing mobile applications for other platforms.
Java experience is required to get the most benefit from this training.