In this course, you will learn how to install and configure Apache Tomcat 8, as well as learn the key mechanisms of installing and administering Web Applications. This course emphasizes altering key configuration artifacts for optimum performance, availability, and fault tolerance. You will learn about integration with existing security mechanisms and databases, as well as high-performance scalability, clustering, and fault-tolerant fail-over techniques.
- How Tomcat relates to Java EE (JEE) and compares to other application servers (e.g., JBoss) (Note: This section is optional for non-Java developers)
- Install and setup Tomcat on both Windows and UNIX-type environments
- Deploy, support, and troubleshoot applications on Tomcat
- Navigate Tomcat's directory structure
- Tomcat architecture and configuration files: server.xml, context.xml, .properties, etc.
- Web application structure and configuration: web.xml
- Secure Tomcat and applications running on it
- Set-Up Tomcat for SSL
- Tune Tomcat's performance
- Explore different load-balancing and high-availability strategies with Tomcat, including server affinity through sticky sessions as well as session replication via Tomcat
Who Can Benefit
Experienced web server administrators who need to install, configure, and run Apache Tomcat web server
- Familiarity with the basic principles of web/application server administration
- Prior Java or JEE experience is helpful but not required