Hibernate is a powerful enabler that addresses object/relational persistence in the Java world. Hibernate offers all the advantages of developing in Java plus a comprehensive suite of capabilities for mapping object-oriented features to the relational model. This course tells you what you need to know to design and build your own Hibernate-enabled applications. You'll learn the details of the key Hibernate capabilities and how to leverage their strengths, with a special focus on using Hibernate with other technologies and frameworks. At the same time, you'll be learning about the big picture of Hibernate and how to design applications to use Hibernate in a robust, efficient, secure, and maintainable fashion. If you want to deliver an application using Hibernate, you'll find this course essential.
- Explain how the issues associated with object persistence in a relational model are addressed by Hibernate
- Understand the relationships between SQL, Java, JDBC, Spring, Java Persistence API, EJB 3.0, and Hibernate
- Discuss the challenges to adopting Hibernate in the enterprise
- Write applications that take advantage of the Hibernate Persistence Manager.
- Map Java classes to relational tables.
- Capture both relational and inheritance associations in metadata using either XML or the Java Annotations mechanism.
- Create and use mappings between Java classes and relational databases.
- Understand how identity and keys are handled in Hibernate.
- Understand the persistent object lifecycle and how that relates to transactions and concurrency.
- Take advantage of Hibernate's data filtering and interception.
Who Can Benefit
Experienced Java developers.
This an intermediate level and beyond Java / Hibernate training course, designed for developers who need to understand how and when to use Hibernate in Java or JavaEE /JEE applications. Attendees should have practical basic Java development experience equivalent to our TT2100 Core Java Fundamentals course.